Project 'Quality of Services at Major Russian Railway Stations' for the Central Offices of Russian Railway Stations
It is the second project run for the Central Offices of Railway Stations, a subsidiary of Russian Railways JSC (RZD), within the framework of Program to Improve Russian Railway Stations by 2015. The project made it possible to learn what people think about the quality of services offered at major Russian railway stations, as well as formulate service assessment criteria.
- Analyze customers’ experience with services available at major railway stations in Russia,
- Formulate customer requirements and desires for the quality of services,
- Develop service quality criteria.
Project participants assessed the following services:
1. Paid services: baggage storage facilities, communications services, VIP lounges, retiring rooms and mother-and-child rooms, service centers, baggage conveyance systems,
2. Unpaid services: reference and information services, ticket offices, waiting rooms, toilets, medical posts.
- 3539 participants from all over Russia,
- 2130 suggestions,
- 8660 comments,
- over 19,000 assessments.
August – September 2013
- Limits in service quality assessment are designed for 11 types of services,
- 419 ideas for service quality assessment are suggested,
- A list of reasons why customers use or do not use services at railway stations is compiled.
Project visual portfolio:
In 2013 we are going to initiate, through media and internet, public discussion of problems that cannot be solved without direct contact with customers. The feedback from the customer audience will be analyzed to formulate recommendations on how to modernize the railway stations. So, collaborative efforts of Central Offices, external investors, and the public will make the railway stations more comfortable to passengers.Sergey Abramov
Head of Central Offices of Railway Stations, a subsidiary of Russian Railways JSC