Crowdsourcing Project 'Our City' for Government of Moscow
The project helped identify problem areas of Moscow, find solutions to improve the Our City Portal and develop methods of public control over the activities of the authorities of Moscow.
- Build a loyal community of users who are interested in the development of the portal Moscow. Our City,
- develop ideas on improvements to the portal,
- identify problem areas of the city,
- develop methods of public control over the authorities.
The project work was dedicated and led on three issues parallely. Participants identified problem areas that should be addressed on the Our City Portal. Participants put forward their ideas concerning the portal interface and functions that should be added to facilitate its work. Also solutions were suggested regarding public control over the activities of city authorities.
- 9635 residents of all boroughs of Moscow,
- 15829 ideas and contra ideas,
- 24921 comments,
- 227761 assessments,
- 921 posts.
February – April 2014
- New problem areas that the city authorities should attend to were identified,
- It was found out why some groups of users do not use the portal and solutions were suggested to eliminate the problem,
- Solutions were proposed to improve the interface and functionality of the portal,
- Ways of public control over the activities of the city authorities were developed,
- A loyal community of residents formed, who are willing to participate in solving the problems of the city;
- Project leaders met with Moscow Government and Mayor Sergei Sobyanin to discuss the proposed ideas.
The project resulted in three methods for controlling the city authorities that will soon be introduced, including the volunteer movement ‘Our City’ to help the Our City Portal in the detection of problems and their elimination. Over 100 new acute problem areas identified by residents of Moscow will be added to the classifier of the portal, a number of ideas will be implemented to improve the portal’s functionality.
The project visual portfolio:
Having discussed problems of the portal by means of a crowdsourcing project, we have realized that we can use this technologyl to discuss any problems of the city.Sergey Sobyanin
Mayor of Moscow