National Entrepreneurial Initiative to Improve the Investment Climate in Russia
The National Entrepreneurial Initiative to Improve the Investment Climate in Russia was designed to solicit entrepreneurs’ proposals on measures to modify business-related regulations in order to make it easier to do business – in a cost-effective and unhindered way.
Engage representatives of small, medium-sized and big businesses in working out the details of the Strategic Initiative on Improvement of Business Regulatory Environment, including aid for support to the working group of the initiative.
10 crowdsourcing projects were carried out within the framework of the initiative:
- Improvement of Customs Administration,
- Support for Access to Foreign Markets and Export Support,
- Expanding Access of Medium-Sized Businesses to Purchases Made by Infrastructure Monopolies and State-Owned Companies,
- Designing an Effective System to Answer Entrepreneurs’ Appeals,
- Optimization of Procedures to Register Property,
- Optimization of Procedures to Register Enterprises,
- Improvement of Business Regulatory Environment,
- Promoting Competition and Antimonopoly Policy Improvement,
- Creation of National Competences and Qualifications System,
- Improvement of Tax Administration.
Over 100 000 participants, representatives of small, medium-sized and big businesses, took part in the project.
The project was run from 2012 to 2013.
- Feedback is received on the issues currently existing in the business-related regulations and procedures,
- Requirements are formulated for the evaluation of business regulatory procedures,
- Ways to optimization and improvement the current business-related regulatory processes were identified,
- Best practices suitable for using at a national scale are determined.
The business community helped to detect problems related to supervisory and regulatory authorities, formulate requirements for the latter and establish the criteria for evaluation of the authorities’ efficiency as well as receive the feedback on the action plan.