Together for Adequate Medical Care in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug
The project made it possible to receive feedback from the public on the 2011-2012 Health Care Modernization Program of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug, as well as make decisions on further measures to be taken.
Analyze the results of the 2011-2012 Health Care Modernization Program, identifying existing problems and challenges unaddressed in the program and finding solutions to them.
Yugra citizens identified existing problems and challenges unaddressed in the program and suggested measures to overcome them; they also put forwards own ideas on the improvement of the regional health care services.
- 1100 citizens of the Khanty-Mansi Region – Yugra, including medical customers and medical professionals, participated in the project,
- 1500 ideas and concepts for improving health care quality in the region were suggested.
July – August 2013
- The first Russian crowdsourcing project aimed at improving health care quality came off successfully,
- Feedback was received from the public and the medical community on the implementation of the health care modernization program and available medical services,
- Recommendations on the improvement of existing medical services were formulated,
- Decisions were made concerning new medical services,
- Citizens’ awareness of the regional health care department’s activities to improve health care services increased.
I believe that our experience will be useful to other Russian regions. We will “harvest” ideas at least once a year and implement them, regarding them as endorsed by both patients and medical professionals.Natalia Komarova
Governor of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug